Potter’s Heart Ministry desires to reach out to the incarcerated with love through the mail using Isaiah 35:3 as our foundation for action. “Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.” Our pen-pal’s sole purpose will be to strengthen and encourage their pen-pal. In order to enjoy a long lasting, safe, and productive relationship, we have created simple guidelines for our pen-pals to follow.
These guidelines have been developed after years of experience of corresponding with inmates all over the country and with the help of other ministries who provide pen-pal services. Staying within these guidelines will assure those involved of an incredible blessing by ministering to Jesus’ Body Behind Bars! Please read carefully and step out and become a pen pal today!
- · Use a P. O. Box or Church address for correspondence
- · Use a nickname if possible
- · Send only letters or cards
- · Keep letters light, encouraging and positive
- · Show interest in all things, not only those that are “spiritual”
- · Find out birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and be sure to send cards on those occasions
- · Do Not send money or gifts, facilities have specific ways inmates receive money or gifts
If you feel a relationship is being misinterpreted kindly sever it and report your concerns. When in doubt ask! If we do not know the answer, we will find out.
GOD Bless You !!!
Click here to request a Pen-Pal